SUSTAINABLE OCEAN SUMMIT (SOS) 2017
29 Nov – 1 Dec 2017
Halifax, NS Canada
The World Ocean Council Sustainable Ocean Summit (SOS) is the only international ocean business event to provide a synthesis of status and trends in ocean economic activity.
The international ocean business community will gather at the SOS 2017 to advance leadership and collaboration in developing industry-driven solutions to ocean sustainable development challenges.
The SOS 2017 theme is “The Ocean Sustainable Development Goal (SDG 14): Business Leadership and Business Opportunities” and it recognizes:
- The growth of the Ocean Economy and its contribution to food, energy, transport, communications and other needs of society as part of the N. SDG process/Agenda 2030.
- The role of the Ocean Business Community over the next 15 years, and beyond, in ensuring ocean sustainable development.
The SOS will:
- Focus on ocean business community leadership in achieving the N. “Ocean” Sustainable Development Goal – SDG 14.
- Develop business growth and investment opportunities in ocean sustainable
- Ensure continuity and follow through with the themes, discussions, and outputs from previous SOS
- Build on the results and momentum of the N. Ocean/SDG 14 Conference (June 2017), the “Our Ocean” conference (October 2017) and other ocean events of 2017 by bringing these to the unique convening of the global ocean business community that the SOS provides.
The results of all the SOS 2017 sessions’ discussions will feed into WOC and ocean business community efforts to address ocean sustainable development and SDG 14 on the Ocean.
The SOS 2017 Plenary Sessions include:
- Opening Plenary: Leadership and Success Stories in Ocean Sustainable Development
- Ocean Executive Forum: The Signature SOS Panel of CEOs from Across the Sectors
- Ocean 2030: Ocean Industry Projections and the Future of the Ocean Economy (covering ocean transportation, energy, food, tourism, and minerals)
- Ocean Investment Platform: Financing Ocean Sustainable Development
- SDGs: Business Development and Opportunities Linked to SDG 14
- The Digital Ocean: Big Ocean Data for Sustainable Development and Agenda 2030
For more information and to register, CLICK HERE
Opportunities for becoming an SOS 2017 Sponsor, Endorser or Media Partner can be found at www.sustainableoceansummit.org
Qualified experts from industry, government, international organizations, or academia are encouraged to contact the WOC (email@example.com) with their interest and qualifications to provide an overview of the status and trends for any one of the listed ocean business sectors.
The WOC is especially seeking presentations by and for the ocean business community and will give preference to presentations from private sector representatives. Proposed presentations from government agencies, intergovernmental bodies, research or academic institutions, NGOs or others who are working closely with ocean industries will also be considered. The final SOS 2017 program will reflect the level of interest in the proposed session topics. New topics may be added based on expressions of interest from the ocean business community.