Policy Discussions, Commentary & Publications
- Submission to the Government of Canada’s Blue Economy Strategy – Clean, Blue Energy: Powering Canada’s Blue Economy with Marine Renewable Energy (June 2021)
- Marine Renewables Canada publishes Opinion Piece in RECHARGE NEWS – Right pieces of puzzle in place to make tidal a reality for Canada (October 2019)
- Marine Renewables Canada publishes article in ONT – Ocean News & Technology – Marine Renewable Energy: Contributing to Canada’s Low-Carbon Future (October 2019)
- Marine Renewables Canada Submission to the House of Commons Standing Committee on Natural Resources (RNNR): Clean Technology in Canada’s Natural Resource Sectors (May 2017)
- Presentation to Environmental Assessment Process Review Expert Panel (Halifax, October 3, 2016)
- Submission to Natural Resources Canada’s Clean Technology in Natural Resources Consultation (September 20, 2016) via letstalkcleanresources.ca
- Submission to Innovation, Science & Economic Development Canada’s Innovation Agenda Consultation (August 31, 2016) via ic.gc.ca
- Marine Renewables Canada Submission on Climate Action for Canada (May 31, 2016) to Minister Catherine McKenna via letstalkclimateaction.ca
- Input on British Columbia’s Climate Leadership Plan: Letter (March 24, 2016)
2015 & Earlier
- Letter & Discussion document: Marine Energy in BC – Opportunity in climate leadership (July 14, 2015)
- Commentary: Marine Renewable Energy Legislation for Nova Scotia (2010)
- Toward a National Renewables Strategy & Action Plan (2005)
OREG participated in the May 3/4, 2005 national consultation hosted by NRCan and provided input to the Council of Energy Ministers.
- A Position on the Renewable Power Purchase Incentive for Ocean Energy (2005)
The Government of Canada has committed to the expansion of the wind incentive and a parallel initiative to stimulate penetration of other renewables.
- A Position on the Energy Direction for British Columbia, and Directions That Would Enable Ocean Energy Development (2005)
Submissions to the BC Progress Board consultation leading to their November 25th document.
- Comments on the Consultation Papers on the Offset System for Greenhouse Gases (2005)
Input into a national consultation on emissions trading, a mechanism that might contribute to financing ocean energy development.
- A Process for Development, Demonstration and Pre-Commercial Access to Ocean Power (2005)
2005 submission to BC Hydro’s Integrated Energy Planning Process
- 2018 State of the Sector Report: Marine Renewable Energy in Canada
- Statement of Best Practices for In-stream Tidal Energy Development & Operation (2014)
- State of the Canadian Marine Renewable Energy Sector 2013
- Business Opportunities from Marine Renewable Energy – Development and Project Life Cycle Needs(2012)
- The Role of Feed-in Tariffs: Moving Ocean Energy Ahead in Canada
- A Call for Action on an Accelerated Renewable Ocean Energy Development Initiative
- Energie renouvelable des oceans au Canada
- The Path Forward: A Plan for Canada in the World of Renewable Ocean Energy
- Untapped Opportunity (flash presentation)
Ocean Renewable Energy Group, Ocean News & Technology, June 2012