MRC WEBINAR (July 25, 2017) – Spotlight on Ireland: MRE Research, Projects, Progress, & Prospects
Marine Renewables Canada will be hosting a webinar on Tuesday, July 25th at 1:00pm (ADT) titled Spotlight on Ireland: MRE Projects, Progress, Research & Prospects
The Wave & Tidal Sector in Ireland:
Given its substantial marine renewable energy resources and expertise in marine sectors, Ireland has been pursuing a strategy for marine renewable energy development in order to realize the benefits from development including the potential for economic growth and job creation.
As one of the countries focused on developing a marine renewable energy industry, this webinar is intended to provide in-depth information on Ireland’s marine renewable energy sector. As part of the discussion, presenters will highlight some of the current and upcoming projects including:
- Éirecomposites, which will build the turbine blade for the FloTEC tidal energy project at their facilities in Inverin, Co. Galway
- Greencore, Co. Louth-based OpenHydro’s advances in commercialising tidal energy and collaboration with the Centre for Marine & Renewable Energy (MaREI)
- Irish wave energy company Sea Power’s work at Galway Bay Marine and Renewable Energy Test Site
- GKinetic plans for tidal device development and Numerics Warehouse and DesignPro’s plan to commercialise small-scale river devices utilising GKinetic technology.
This webinar will provide participants with a development update on the marine renewable energy industry in Ireland, including information on projects (current & planned), policy, test centers, research & development and innovation clusters.
Attendees will hear from four (4) experts covering all the above:
Speakers / Presenters:
- Peter Coyle, Chairman, Marine Renewables Industry Association (MRIA)
- Declan Meally, Head of Emerging Sectors, Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI)
- Jimmy Murphy, General Manager of Lir National Ocean Test Facility & MRE Technical Lead, Marine Renewable Energy Ireland (MaREI)
- Tony Lewis, Chief Technical Officer, Ocean Energy
CLICK HERE for the PDF agenda
Webinar & Registration Details:
WEBINAR: Spotlight on Ireland: Marine Renewable Energy Research, Projects, Progress, & Prospects
Date: Tuesday, July 25, 2017
Time: 1:00 pm ADT / 12:00 pm EDT / 9:00 am PDT
1. CLICK HERE for the registration web page
2. Click “Register”.
3. On the registration form, enter your information and then click “Submit”.
**Deadline to register is July 24, 2017
For more information, please contact Amanda White: (902) 717-0716 / firstname.lastname@example.org