MRC 2024 Board of Directors Election Now Open!
November 15, 2023. Marine Renewables Canada (MRC) is pleased to open voting for the 2024 Board of Directors Election! Voting is open until 11:59 pm (AT) on Friday, December 15, 2023. MRC is committed to the Government of Canada’s 50-30 Challenge to promote diversity and inclusion on Canadian boards and in senior management. That means we’re seeking applicants that represent Canada’s rich diversity, including women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTQ2 and members of visible minority groups. MRC encourages its membership to support this commitment when casting votes.
There are FOUR (4) seats available for the 2024 Board of Directors
- Two (2) seats open to All Members
- One (1) seat open for a Tidal Energy Developer
- One (1) seat open for British Columbia * Congratulations Dr. Matthew Asplin! Note that our British Columbia seat has been awarded by acclamation to Dr. Matthew Asplin. No vote is required for this category.
MRC Member Companies will vote for one candidate in the Tidal Energy Developer category. Your candidates are 👇
- Alexandre Paris, Senior Vice President & COO, ORPC Canada
- Bob Petrie, Business Relationship Manager, Nova Innovation
MRC Member Companies will vote for up to two candidates in the All Members seats category. Your candidates are 👇
- Kimberlea Green, Environmental Assessment & Permitting Lead – Atlantic, WSP
- Cam Howlett, Commercial Director, Dominion Diving Ltd.
- Jacobus van der Lingen, Director Offshore Operations, Atlantic Towing Ltd.
- Ashley Noseworthy, Chief Executive Officer, Edgewise Environmental Ltd.
- Ken Paul, Principal/Owner, Pokiok Associates
- Karen Winsor, Chief Operating Officer, Atlantic XL
How to Vote
To vote, you must be a MRC Full, Marine Energy Leader or Marine Energy Champion member in good standing.
Votes are counted by company. This means each member company gets one vote for their preferred candidate(s) in each category being voted on. The first ballot(s) received from a company in each category will be the only ballots accepted. There are no exceptions. Please discuss with your colleagues prior to voting!
To vote, please email [email protected] with your choice of candidate(s) by Friday, December 15, 2023.
Get to know your candidates!
Watch the MRC 2024 Board of Directors Election Candidates video to get to know your candidates better
You can also read up on their full bios here