Marine Renewables Canada 2016 Annual Conference
November 3-4, 2016
Pier 21 ~ 1055 Marginal Rd, Halifax, NS
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Marine renewable energy in a new era
Now more than ever, the world is looking at clean electricity as a solution to climate change and growth in a new, low carbon economy. The Paris Agreement, North American partnership on climate change and clean energy, and development of a national climate plan mark a new era for clean electricity in Canada – one where marine renewable energy can play an important role.
Strategic investments, a path to market, research, and innovation have also driven marine renewable energy into a new era of its own, where plans are moving to development and potential is becoming reality.
Developing our tidal, wave, and river current energy resources is a strategic advantage for Canada – linking the health of our environment and growth of our economy.
Marine renewable energy has entered a new era.
This year’s Marine Renewables Canada Annual Conference will explore how marine renewable energy can be part of the larger clean electrification solution for Canada and the world. Key features of the event will include:
- Highlights on Canadian achievements, milestones, and progress by industry leaders
- Insight on low carbon and climate action policies and strategies
- Updates on global marine renewable energy market opportunities and challenges
- Identification of opportunities and progress in wave, river current, and tidal energy development
- Multiple networking opportunities to meet leaders and experts from business, government, and academia that will help build connections and support emerging industry needs.
The Marine Renewables Canada conference represents the largest and most significant event of the year for Canada’s marine renewable energy industry. We welcome and encourage other sectors to attend and discover opportunities to get involved in this emerging industry.
CLICK HERE for the full program (including speakers)
2016 Conference Sessions
The Annual Conference will cover a range of topics over two days:
- Advancing the strategy—achieving milestones
- Transitioning to a low-carbon future in Canada
- The evolving global marketplace—updates from key marine renewable energy markets
- Progress in innovation – state of devices and technologies
- Securing Canada’s advantage in river current energy
- From plan to reality—Fundy’s tidal energy future
- What’s next for wave energy
- Growing the industry—knowledge, collaboration & innovation
***ONLINE REGISTRATION is now closed – you can still register onsite at Pier 21 beginning at 8:00 am on Nov 3
The Industry Showcase will be located in the Chrysler Canada Pavilion at Pier 21 – this area is located just outside the main session room (Kenneth C. Rowe Hall) and will also host all refreshment and lunch breaks. 15 companies will be exhibiting/showcasing.
CLICK HERE for the Industry Showcase Floorplan
Student Poster Competition:
Posters for presentation at the Marine Renewables Canada 2016 Annual Conference may be submitted by students in the following categories:
– Marine Renewable Energy (For example: Tidal, Wave and River Current Energy)
– Environment (For example: Strategic Environmental Assessments, Environmental Effects of Exploration, etc.)
CLICK HERE for full student poster promo and guidelines
Please contact Amanda White – firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodations – we have secured discounted room rates at two (2) hotels – both located downtown Halifax within a short walking distance to Pier 21:
The Westin Nova Scotia – (20% off regular rate) for conference attendees at the Westin Nova Scotia Hotel (across from Pier 21). You can book online at: CLICK HERE
Four Points by Sheraton – We have secured a limited block of room at this hotel at a rate of $149/night. To access this discounted rate and reserve your room: CLICK HERE
Welcome Reception Sponsors:
Networking Lunch Sponsor: