Tidal Energy Session at Digby Port Days – Presentations
Digby Port Days – Featured Event:
Tidal Energy in Nova Scotia: Building the Opportunity
September 17, 2015
Digby Pines ~ Digby Hall
Marine Renewables Canada hosted a Tidal Energy session on Sept 17th during Digby Port Days.
During this ½ day event, attendees had the opportunity to:
- Learn more about the global marine renewable energy market and Nova Scotia’s role in it
- Understand what opportunities may be created through tidal energy development in our communities
- Engage with leading international tidal energy developers
- Hear about the Province’s strategy for tidal energy development
Please see below for links to the presentations that were given at this session:
– Industry Update and Opportunities (global and local)
Elisa Obermann, Executive Director, Marine Renewables Canada
– Overview of the Nova Scotia’s MRE Strategy Progress and Next Steps
Sandra Farwell, Director, Sustainable and Renewable Energy, Nova Scotia Department of Energy
– Digby’s Focus and Goals for Tidal Energy
Dan Harvey, Business Consultant, DH Business Services Inc.
– Nova Scotia’s tidal energy projects
Jeremy Poste, OpenHydro Canada Country Manager for Cape Sharp Tidal – presentation not available
Sue Molloy, President and General Manager, Black Rock Tidal
Dana Morin, Director of Business Development, Fundy Tidal Inc.