- This event has passed.
MRC Mission to the 2022 International Partnering Forum (IPF) on Offshore Wind – April 26-28 in Atlantic City, NJ
April 25, 2022 @ 4:00 pm - April 28, 2022 @ 5:00 pm ADT$750.00
NOTE – This mission is now SOLD OUT
Marine Renewables Canada (MRC) is leading a mission to the International Offshore Wind Partnering Forum (IPF), taking place this April 26-28, 2022 in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
IPF is the premiere offshore wind energy conference in North America, hosted by the Business Network for Offshore Wind. The US offshore wind industry is growing and so are the opportunities to get involved. IPF is an excellent opportunity for Canadian businesses and organizations to connect with global leaders and businesses in the supply chain, participate in multiple networking opportunities, and get timely and relevant updates on the industry, from technology and policy, to safety and siting.
MRC is leading this mission to help its members and Canadian companies pursue opportunities in the US offshore wind supply chain, profile capabilities and strengths, and build relationships that assist with international business development efforts.
Registration to participate in this mission is now open – scroll down for the outline of mission benefits/activities and the registration link.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER – A few important pieces of information are below for your review:
Funding & Travel Restrictions/Advisories
MRC has secured funding for this mission’s activities (booth, delegate passes for mission participants, briefing session etc.) but this funding does not cover travel costs (see below for more on that). Because this funding is for an activity that requires travel outside of Canada and because the government of Canada’s international travel restrictions are still set at level 2, please be advised that:
- You should check the Government of Canada’s Travel Advice and Advisories before travelling and fully understand the risks and requirements involved with respect to Canada and the destination country requirements. MRC recommends that you research COVID-19 testing requirements for the United States and Canada in the lead up to this mission. It is your responsibility to arrange and cover the costs of any testing that may be required.
- The decision to participate in the noted mission and any related travel is your choice and everyone is responsible for their own personal safety abroad. The Government of Canada takes the safety and security of Canadians abroad very seriously and provides credible and timely information to enable everyone to make well-informed decisions regarding travel abroad.
- Travelers should know that restrictions can change quickly and may be imposed by countries with little warning. Should you choose to travel outside Canada, travel plans may be severely disrupted. For example, travelers may be forced to remain outside of Canada longer than expected and should not depend on the Government of Canada or MRC for assistance related to changes to travel plans. MRC is not responsible for any additional costs you may incur as a result of participating in this mission.
- Before making travel plans, you may want to research and obtain travel insurance that is available specifically to address travel interruptions due to COVID-19.
- Travel funding for companies – MRC has also applied for partial travel funding through Global Affairs Canada for any MRC member companies (must be a Canadian company – one per company) who participates in this mission. This funding application is just now being reviewed and Global Affairs Canada has indicated they would have confirmation to us by end of March (if approved).
** because of this unknown, you must assume you will be responsible for your own travel costs and factor that into your decision to participate in this mission. We will let you know as soon as we have more information to pass on.
Mission Benefits & Activities:
- Booth space in the exhibition – We have secured a 300 sq ft booth space in the exhibition to allow visibility and networking and to provide a means for basic company promotion (via company brochures and material at the booth). The booth will also have a few tables & chairs for meeting space and will be staffed by MRC at all times.
- Canada Booklet and Booth PPT – you will be listed in the “Canada Booklet” that will developed for this mission and will include mission participants company profile, logo, contact and website. You will also have the opportunity to have a 5-slide presentation looping on-screen at the booth.
- IPF Conference delegate pass – as part of the MRC mission, you will receive one (1) full conference delegate pass ($2500US value)
- Conference B2B – As a conference full delegate, you will have access to the conference B2B platform that will allow you to connect with and set meetings with other conference attendees / key industry players.
*We will not be contracting a dedicated matchmaker for this event but as a conference delegate, you will have access to the above mentioned B2B platform
- Private meeting room at event headquarter hotel – in addition to the meeting space at the booth, we have secured a private meeting room that the conference venue that can be used by mission participants.
- Delegate briefing session – We will host and in-country (informal) briefing session (likely a dinner) that will allow all mission participants the opportunity to meet and network, and allow MRC staff an opportunity to review mission details and activities with participants.
Hotel Accommodations & travel to Atlantic City
- Hotel Accommodations – Unfortunately the conference venue hotel (Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel) is now sold out and the organizers have told me there will be no more rooms added to the group block as there isn’t any left to add.
- They are in the process securing additional blocks of rooms at other hotels close to the conference centre (there are many) – They will update their website with that information soon – https://www.offshorewindus.org/2022ipf/hotel-venue/
- Suggested arrival date is April 25 with departure date of April 29 (or late on the 28th).
Travel to Atlantic City – There are no direct flights from Canada into Atlantic City so some ground travel will be necessary. The closest option is to fly into Philadelphia and travel to Atlantic City via car, bus or train. All 3 options will take approx. 1 – 2 hours with car being fastest and the train being the slowest (bus is the cheapest). CLICK HERE for details on all 3 options.
NOTE – You can also fly into Newark and travel to Atlantic City from there (flight options/times seem much better than into Philadelphia), but it’s a bit longer travel (about a 2 hour drive). You can also take a bus or the train – CLICK HERE for details
The fee to participate in this mission is $750 + tx (this includes your IPF conference full delegate pass – $2500US value)