- This event has passed.
MRC Mission to the PanAmerican Marine Energy Conference (PAMEC) 2022 – June 19-22, Ensenada, Mexico
June 19, 2022 - June 22, 2022$200.00
Marine Renewables Canada (MRC) is leading a mission to the 2022 PanAmerican Marine Energy Conference (PAMEC), taking place this June 19-22 in Ensenada, Mexico with workshops on June 17-18.
PAMEC 2022 is part of the family of conferences on Marine Renewable Energy Research and Development including, the European Wave and Tidal Conference (EWTEC) and the Asian Wave and Tidal Conference (AWTEC) and is intended to bring researchers together on a biannual basis. The PAMEC 2022 in Mexico follows the very successful PAMEC 2020 in San Jose Costa Rica that had more than 200 attending delegates, many indicating that the Conference gave them tremendous insight into global and regional activities as well as research and business connections they could not have found elsewhere.
The 2022 conference has already attracted international support and attendance with speakers and presenters confirmed from Canada, the USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, and the UK. View the program to date and workshop details HERE.
Ensenada Mexico is a vibrant university and tourist City on the Mexican Pacific Coast, a 2-hour drive south of San Diego, USA. The conference venue will be the Center for Scientific Research and Higher Education in Ensenada, Baja California (CICESE), and the Autonomous University of Baja California (UABC), known for its work in marine renewable energy and related disciplines.
Why attend PAMEC 2022?
- Engage in numerous networking opportunities and make new connections.
- Identify and get connected with business development opportunities in emerging markets.
- Get updates from international industry experts and researchers on offshore wind, tidal energy, wave energy, ocean thermal, salinity gradient technology, grid integration and more.
- Participate in pre-conference workshops with international researchers and industry.
The fee to participate in this mission is $200 + tx
(conference delegate registration is a separate fee and is $365USD)
Registration to participate in this mission is now open (scroll down for the outline of mission benefits/activities and the registration link)
Learn more: PAMEC 2022 Information Session Webinar on May 16th
Learn more about this mission to PAMEC 2022 and how it can benefit your organization/business by attending a webinar on May 16th at 2:00 pm ADT. The webinar will provide insight on the target market(s), conference program, pre-conference workshops, and networking activities.
Funding & Travel Information
MRC has secured partial travel funding for Canadian member companies that participate in this mission. This funding will cover:
- 50% of a delegate’s flight (up to a maximum)
- 50% of conference registration (PAMEC 2022 Conference registration is $365 USD)
- up to $200 a day/for 5 days for per diems (hotel, food etc.)
- $150 towards ground travel
Travel to Ensenada & Accommodations
- Ensenada has many low-cost hotels and Airbnb accommodations (~$100 USD a night). For the full list of hotels and accommodations within walking distance to the conference venue and/or in city centre, CLICK HERE
- There are two main pathways to Ensenada in Mexico’s Baja Province. Check out the options in detail on the very useful Rome2Rio website.
– The first option is to fly into Mexico City and then take a flight to Tijuana which is a short Uber, taxi or bus ride (about an hour and a half) away from Ensenada.
– The second option, and the best for many, is to arrive in San Diego, then rent a car with several colleagues to cross the US-Mexico border and drive down. Conference organizers will provide website addresses of companies who will allow cross-border rentals. They will also provide contact information for drivers who will take small groups of people from the airport to Ensenada.
– Another variation on this option is to take a taxi/Uber from the airport to downtown San Diego and take public transportation to the border, then walk across to Tijuana where buses and Uber/Taxis are very available to get to Ensenada (see Option 1). This may be the best option coming back, as walking across the border can be faster than getting in the driver lineups if you have Trusted Traveller Status (such as Global Entry or Nexus which includes enrollment in Global Entry).
For full details on the above travel options CLICK HERE
Mission Benefits & Activities
MRC will not have a booth as this conference is mainly focused on the sessions, workshops and networking opportunities. We will be working with the local organizers and regional trade commissioners on B2B and a Canadian event. More details on both to follow soon.
- Partial travel funding for MRC member companies (must be a Canadian company)
- B2B assistance (with co-operation from the conference organizers and regional Canadian trade commissioners)
- Canada event – Reception or Breakfast (in conjunction with the regional Canadian trade commissioners)