MRC Mission to 2023 International Partnering Forum (IPF) on Offshore Wind – March 28-30 in Baltimore, Maryland
March 28 - March 30$1,500.00
Marine Renewables Canada (MRC) is leading a mission to the 2023 International Offshore Wind Partnering Forum (IPF), taking place this March 28-30 in Baltimore, Maryland.
IPF is the premiere offshore wind energy conference in North America, hosted by the Business Network for Offshore Wind. The US offshore wind industry is growing and so are the opportunities to get involved. IPF is an excellent opportunity for Canadian businesses and organizations to connect with global leaders and businesses in the supply chain, participate in multiple networking opportunities, and get timely and relevant updates on the industry, from technology and policy, to safety and siting.
MRC is leading this mission to help its members and Canadian companies pursue opportunities in the US offshore wind supply chain, profile capabilities and strengths, and build relationships that assist with international business development efforts.
Registration to participate in this mission is now open – scroll down for the outline of mission benefits/activities and the registration link.
Funding & Travel Restrictions/Advisories
MRC has secured funding for this mission’s activities (booth, delegate passes for mission participants, briefing session etc.) but this funding does not cover travel costs (see below for more on that). Because this funding is for an activity that requires travel outside of Canada You should check the Government of Canada’s Travel Advice and Advisories before travelling and fully understand the risks and requirements involved as they can change quickly.
- Travel funding for companies – MRC has secured partial travel funding through Global Affairs Canada for MRC member companies (must be a Canadian company – one per company) participating in this mission. This funding covers 50% of your flight (up to a max), $200 per day for hotel/per diem, and ground travel. Your IPF conference registration is included with your mission fee. CLICK HERE to review the Marine Renewables Canada International Travel Funding Policy and qualifications.
**Funding is limited and will work on a first come (registered), first serve basis.
Mission Benefits & Activities:
- Booth space in the exhibition – We have secured a 400 sq ft booth space in the exhibition to allow visibility and networking and to provide a means for basic company promotion (via company brochures and material at the booth). The booth will also have a few tables & chairs for meeting space and will be staffed by MRC at all times.
- Canada virtual booklet (QR code) and booth slides/videos – you will be listed in the virtual “Canada Booklet” that will developed for this mission and will include mission participants company profile, logo, contact and website. You will also have the opportunity to have a 5-slide presentation/short video looping on-screen at the booth.
- IPF Conference delegate pass – as part of the MRC mission, you will receive one (1) full conference delegate pass ($2395US value)
- Conference B2B – As a conference full delegate, you will have access to the conference B2B platform that will allow you to connect with and set meetings with other conference attendees / key industry players.
- Mission Consultant – although we are not contracting a “matchmaker” for this mission, we are looking at contracting a consultant with expertise in the US offshore wind industry and market entry to assist companies in preparing for the mission. This consultant will provide market intel and advice to participating companies and can assist with identifying possible connections. Some assistance may be given with introductions / making these connections, but that will not be the primary responsibility of the consultant.
- Private meeting room at conference venue – in addition to the meeting space at the booth, we have secured a private meeting room that the conference venue that can be used by mission participants.
- Delegate briefing session – We will host and in-country (informal) briefing session (likely a breakfast or dinner) that will allow all mission participants the opportunity to meet and network, and allow MRC staff an opportunity to review mission details and activities with participants. The regional Trade Commissioners will also be invited to attend this briefing.
- Hotel Accommodations – IPF organizers have secured discounted room blocks at several hotels within walking distance to the Baltimore Convention Center. New this year, Key Bookings Housing Services is the official vendor for all 2023 IPF hotel reservations. Hotel reservations are now being accepted: book your hotel room early to ensure your stay for 2023 IPF is secured.
– To access the list of available hotels, visit the IPF website HERE
*NOTE – MRC staff will be staying at the Sheraton Inner Harbour, which is attached to the Baltimore Convention Centre.
The fee to participate in this mission is $1500 + tx (this includes your IPF conference full delegate pass – $2395US value)